Maintenance Crew Leader / Driver
Hicks Landscaping has 2 open positions for immediate employment for the position of:
The Maintenance Crew Leader/Driver
- In this position, the crew leader is responsible for transporting, supervising, and motivating team members daily. Responsible for performing general labor tasks including: loading/unloading, lifting, and moving materials in an outdoor environment in all types of weather conditions. Specifically, those tasks associated with the routine maintenance of commercial and residential lawns (i.e. mowing, edging, trimming and blowing). Service areas primarily include Wake & Johnston County.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Valid Driver’s license in the State of North Carolina
- Must possess ability to lift 40-75 pounds regularly, frequently. Ability to work well with others.
- Able to follow oral and/or written instructions from Supervisor
- Able to operate all maintenance equipment safely and proficiently
- Able to manage daily team activity
- Able to communicate openly from field to Supervisor
- Able to ensure sufficient resources and materials are available for daily schedule
- Able to ensure that team is working efficiently while following safety and company guidelines
- Able to communicate with customers, represent company values, and ensure our standards of service are being met
- Able to work with environmental risks ( in heat/cold, bees, poison oak/ivy, etc.)
- Must comply with NCTC policies and procedures
- Must report equipment problems and failures to Supervisor immediately
- Must prepare assigned equipment for upcoming daily use
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times
The Maintenance Crew Leader/Driver is familiar with the safety and operation of the following equipment:
- Mowers – riding, zero turn, walk-behind, & push.
- Hand Tools – rakes, shovels, & pruners.
- Backpack blower & sprayer, string trimmer, hard edgers.
- A minimum of ONE (1) year experience with a commercial landscaping company.
- Previous experience as a crew leader/foreman is desired, but not a requirement
- Bilingual a plus but not a requirement
HICK’S LANDSCAPING OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Weekly Payroll,
- 4-day, Friday’s off!
- Workers Comp Insurance provided
- Accident Insurance provided
- Overtime opportunities
- 12-month, 4 season position
- Family-owned, operated business
- Competitive hourly rate/salary benefits
Interested in this position? Visit our employment page to apply today!